20 Jun 2018

AND THEN THERE ARE MIRACLES.........

Hello,

While on an evening walk, my little dog Rico, was attacked by two bull mastiff dogs. I can't even describe what it's like to hold my BFFF - best fur friend forever - in my arms, while a huge dog is biting him and trying to pull him down, and thinking, "This is it. The furry love of my life is going to die in my arms." 

Fortunately, we got away, and I got him to the ER Vet as fast as possible. The doctor wanted to do surgery immediately but due to my dog's heart problems we had to wait. He had the well-needed surgery three days later and he is alive and going to make it - I sure hope so.

Rico has been engaged in dog sports since he was three months old. Because of this, his backside is full of muscle which probably saved his life. He is strong and because I was able to pull him up in my arms, the dog could only reach his backside and leg. 

All dogs were on leashes. But this didn't stop the big dogs from pulling free and attacking. 

Rico is my little miracle and I share this with you. As I keep a constant vigil over him, and count my blessings that he is still alive, I am reminded that miracles still exist. 

I am also reminded how loving people can be. Rico loves visitors and the TLC he is receiving, not only from me, but from his many friends, touches my heart. He is loved and he knows it. 

Meanwhile, my life is filled with special friends who constantly make sure that I am also taken care of during this time of recovery. When you can't leave and need to keep watch on your beloved pet, it sure is wonderful to have people immediately sum up needs and arrive with paper towels, food and well-needed coffees. Not to mention, hold doors to help me get Rico out for potty breaks. 

Life is good. My dog is alive. And I make sure I honor the trust and love in his eyes as he stares at me in pain, knowing I will take total care of him. 
And... I will. 

Here is my little miracle. 






No comments:

Post a Comment