9 Jul 2019

THE GIFT OF KINDNESS AND HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD MORNING!!!!

Today, while scooting through a coffee shop drive-thru, the person in front of me paid for my order. I smiled so wide that I must have looked like the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland. Immediately, I paid for the person behind me, hoping to pass on this beautiful act of kindness. 

Kindness - acts that keep on giving. 

Today I give thanks to everyone who pauses throughout each day to reach out a hand to others. As we all know, they don't have to be huge acts - but gentle, loving, caring and joyful.  

And we never know the huge effect it can make on another. 

For instance, the other day I was walking in and a lady was sitting on her walker by the elevator. I asked if she wanted me to check her mail for her and save having to struggle down 2 steps. Easy for me to do, but the smile on her face and her grateful words, showed me that it was huge for her. 

This is a constant reminder to me to keep on giving, even if it seems like such a tiny act - it can be really big to someone else. 

I am also reminded of my pledge to keep the joy, kindness and giving that surrounds us at Christmas, all year round.  Often we completely focus on these acts at Christmas, going out of our way to give to others and provide them wonderful Christmases. 

Yes, this is important, but I pledge to do this all year round - to make my part and place in this world, a little bit happier. 

So I leave with you two photos - yes, of course, of my dog. LOL. 

One shows Rico enjoying the sunshine, reminding me to always take time to just relax and allow the soothing rays of the sun to surround me. 

The next is a shot of Rico at Christmastime - my reminder to keep Christmas with me all year round. 

Thanks for listening, 
Suzanne. 





No comments:

Post a Comment