4 May 2021

PUPPY LOVE!

Hello!

My dog is now twelve. He has heart disease so I never know how many moments he has left. I treasure all my time with him - our walks, our play time, our cuddles, our trick training. 

I haven't had a dog since a child, so this is a new experience for me. I've watched Rico grow through his rascal stage, his competitive dog sports, his joy of going for walks and his love of the outdoors. 

Now he's aging, slowing down a bit, can't jump in my car without help, and sleeps more. He's actually in heart failure, coping with water around his heart. 

The love he gives is unlimited, bountiful, rich, never-ending, forever. 

It's interesting watching our friendship develop as he ages. We understand each other so much after all these years together. One time I was explaining something to him and a friend looked at me oddly and said, "Do you really think he understood that?" I replied confidently, "Of course he did." And... Rico knew exactly what I was saying. We are in tune, having survived many challenges and have worked together to get to this point. 

Puppy love! I hope everyone gets to experience puppy love. The joyful wagging tail, the loyalty, the companionship of a dog who is all about love. Rico has taught me a lot over the years and his exuberance for life warms my heart daily. 

As we navigate this pandemic, I wish everyone love and peace as we deal with the daily challenges confronting us. I especially hold in my heart loved ones who have passed away and everyone coping with illness.

But today, I give thanks for my dog who lives in the present and wags his tail with joy. 

Take care everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment