1 Jul 2022

ANTICIPATION!!

Hello!

Tomorrow I bring home my new pup. It's been a long 8 weeks, waiting for him to be ready to join me. I've visited him 4 times and am already madly in love with him. I'm excited and can't wait. 

But before I welcome him with open arms, I would like to take a few minutes to remember Rico, who passed away just last Feb. 

Oh, how I miss him. Oh, how I loved him. 

I miss his twinkly eyes, his wagging tail, his zest for life, his love of walks, his tricks, and all his habits. I miss the connection we had as we grew together through many challenges. I miss his support, the fact I was sure he had a sense of humor, and how we understood each other. I miss his comfort, his love, and his trusting eyes. I will never, ever forget him.

I almost feel guilty getting a new dog so soon, but hey, Rico, because you were such a loyal, loving friend, you made me want another just like you. 

Yes, I am getting the same breed as Rico - a Havanese - just a different color. 

So tomorrow I welcome my new roommate into my home, but today my heart is with Rico. You were the best in every way and you will remain in my heart forever. 

Until we meet again......


                                                        Love you forever.........

2 comments:

  1. I loved the stories you told about Rico. In my own way, I miss him, too. Wishing the best with the new pup!

    ReplyDelete