9 Aug 2023

NEW RELEASE - 'YOU ARE LOVED'

 

Hello!

My mother never missed a moment to perform an act of kindness for someone in need. I can still recall her saying, “If you are ever sad, do something for someone else and you’ll feel better.” Unfortunately, she passed away when I was a young teen, but her compassion and giving nature left a huge impact on my life. ‘You are Loved’, is a story rooted in an element of reality, before my imagination soared, and it took off in a whole new direction. I am my mother’s daughter and years ago, while out walking daily with my dog, I noticed a camper trailer parked in various spots throughout town. It was winter and cold, and I began to wonder if this person might be homeless and had nowhere else to go. I didn’t know for sure, but decided to leave the driver small gifts to remind him that people do care. I saw him one day from a distance, but never met him, and one day he disappeared. Months later, I ran into someone who I used to see parked in the same parking lot and I asked her if she knew where he was. It turned out she had met him and his story had a happy ending, for although he had lost everything due to a personal tragedy, and was indeed homeless, he had found a job and moved away. A few years later, a storyline hit me – I wondered what would happen if the driver returned to find out who gave him those special gifts. In his decision to seek her out and thank her, his life was changed for the second time. There are many ways of giving – directly, paying it forward, random acts of kindness – but one way has always been important to me – giving anonymously. It is recognizing a need and helping out in a way that the recipient never has to feel beholden to anyone. This story gave me the opportunity to wonder how the impact anonymous acts of giving can possibly have on someone. They can literally change your life. This book has a lot of my ‘mother’ in it and all the kindnesses she bestowed on people which impacted my own life. If I could be half as kind as my mother was, I would be happy. Thank you,

Suzanne



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment