3 May 2020

THANK YOU, ESSENTIAL WORKERS!

Good Morning!

Today while out walking early in the morning, I watched a young girl pass me and head into the local supermarket before it opened. She was obviously a worker there. 

I wondered what she was thinking as she went in, probably wondering what the day would bring, would she be safe, would she be able to keep her family safe, would she be able to keep her customers safe. 

I knew what I was thinking. 

To all Essential Workers:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you do. Thank you for serving us in stores, driving trucks with supplies, caring for us in hospitals and in senior homes. Thank you for all the many ways you help us - ways we may never even think of or acknowledge. 

A friend of mine had covid-19. She works in a senior home and even before she tested positive, the home moved her and several staff members to a hotel, to protect their families. Then she became positive. After a quarantine of two weeks, she tested positive again.  Finally, she managed to get two negatives and saw her family for the first time in five weeks. I cried my eyes out watching the video of her reunion with her two young children.

I witnessed her courage, her strength, her fears, her many, many sacrifices to help us, and I see her eyes of courage, strength and yes, pain, every single time I see an essential worker, where ever I go.  

My heart goes out to each and everyone of you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You are heroes in every sense of the word. 

May you be safe, and please know that without you, this world could not survive. 

Each one of you is truly amazing. 

May you be blessed. May peace find its way into your hearts and may you be protected in every way. 

I salute you. 

Thanks for listening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment