29 Oct 2020

THANK YOU, Paula and Shannon!

 Hello! 

Several years ago, I sat down to write a fictional book involving self-esteem issues concerning teenagers. As I began to write, I discovered that the two teens I knew with the greatest self-awareness both dealt with cancer. They knew what life was all about - love of self, love of family, and great faith in God. I dedicated my book to them. 

One of them - Shannon - passed away years ago at the age of eighteen.

I found out the second girl, Paula, passed away a few weeks ago in her forties. 

While in high school, Paula discovered she had cancer and her courage and faith in coping with this huge challenge in her life, was a true inspiration to all who knew her.

Paula always had a smile on her face, she was always kind, compassionate, sweet with a great sense of humor. She literally glowed. She would jokingly say the glow came from her radiation treatments but in truth, it came from her pure inner spirit that just shone from her eyes. 

Paula and Shannon are my heroes. They taught me a lot for they faced challenges head on, with a smile on their faces and love in their hearts. 

Thank you Paula and Shannon. I will never ever forget your kindness, your compassion and most of all the love that shone from your eyes. You touched my heart in many, many ways. 

Thank you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment