2 Dec 2020

SANTA JOY - COVID STYLE

 Hello!

I know I've mentioned it many times - but I love the little town I live in. It's a little town that keeps on trying and never gives up. Usually I am in the Santa Claus parade, but of course, it was canceled this year due to covid. But Santa was NOT canceled. No way. So each night for about a week, a truck pulled a float with Santa and Mrs. Claus on it, up and down streets. They greeted children who were just thrilled to see the two of them waving at them. Four elves followed behind and everyone was singing. Joy and laughter filled our streets. 

It was truly amazing. The children warmed my hearts with their joy and big eyes filled with merriment. And yes, I was just as excited, viewing Santa through my car window. Even my dog barked in excitement. 

In the midst of many broken hearts this Christmas, I stand continually amazed at the roots of joy emerging, blossoming, and continually striving to reach out to others with love and compassion. 

To all who are experiencing great sadness this Christmas, my heart goes out to you. And to those who are able to reach out to others, I thank you. 

Thanks for listening,

Suzanne

Here's a photo of our town Santa and Mrs. Claus. 



No comments:

Post a Comment